2006 – 2007
2, 50, 000
Sir Ratan Tata Trust, Mumbai
In order to improve the living conditions of people residing instructurally disadvantaged areas of Ladakh, LEDeG promoted profitable village based micro-enterprises in these areas by making sustainable use of the limited natural resources. LEDeG promoted new methods and techniques for value addition to local resources based in income generation activities.
- Identification and initiations of agricultural based programs to spur people’s interest in agriculture.
- Promotion of new methods and techniques for value addition to local resources based in income generation activities.
- Documentations and demonstrations of pilot project results for large scale implementations.
- Production and sales of vegetable seeds organically produced.
- Organic certification is underway; expert from IMO, Bangalore visited LEDeG recently and follow-ups are taken up by our staff.
- Training on organic farming to farmers from Lehdo.
- 9 varieties of local vegetable seeds procured (10 kilos each) and sold to Zanskar:
- White Carrot
- Pollination of 3 varieties of flowering seeds.
- Guru Makmal