2006 – 2008
40,622 Euros (23,15,422.00 INR)
BORDA (Bremen Overseas Research and Development Association), Germany.
From 2006-2008, LEDeG successfully completed a project to provide electricity on a sustainable basis, provide drinking water and irrigation, and improve people’s income in the remote and mountainous regions of Ladakh.
Aims and Objectives:
- To provide decentralized electrification on a sustainable basis to communities / house-holds using renewable energy.
- To provide drinking water and irrigation on a sustainable basis to communities / house-holds.
- To improve people’s income on a sustainable basis through combination of power generation with additional tools, devices and training programmes.
- To achieve above objectives by using a participatory approach and by strengthening community organizations
- To strengthen the capacity of LEDeG.
- Environmental protection through conservation of natural resources and usage of appropriate technologies.
- Empowerment of women.
- Reduction of human drudgery.
- To conserve he unique environment of Ladakh and revive its traditional culture and communal harmony.
- To influence the local decision makers to adopt the use of renewable energy resources and holistic development approach promoted under the BORDA-LEDeG programme.
- To set an example of successful development co-operations, implemented by a multi-religious NGO team in a multi-religious area with a high level of military presence as a contribution for communal harmony and conflict resolution in the region, and the development of peaceful strategies for conflict resolution in general.
- Hydram Installation in 2006:
- 4 Hydrams installed (1 in Hemis chu in Leh and 3 in Drass in Kargil) in 2006.
- Hydram Installation in 2007:
- 4 Hydrams installed (1 each in Lamayuru and Wanla in Khaltse Block, Leh District and Mangbore and Padum in Zanskar Block, Kargil District), 2007.
- Installations of Micro-Hydro Power Units in 2006:
- 4 in Leh District – Mangyu- 15kW, Domkhar- 5kW, Digar- 10kW, Teri-Phu- 5kW.b)
- 1 in Kargil District- Pidmo- 5kW
- Installation of Micro-Hydro Power Units in 2007:
- 1 in Leh District – Hinju- 5kW.
- 4 eco-sans toilets installed in 2006.
- A national workshop on ‘Meeting Basic Needs Services through Decentralisation of Energy Supplies’ was conducted at New Delhi on November 14, 2008.